I am that guy now.
The OND quarter of books.
At the end of October this year, I resolved to read a book per week. I am glad that I have exceeded my expectations, having read 18 books since then. In this journey so far, I have discovered a couple of things
- I love reading, more than I thought.
- Number of books per unit time is a bad metric, if it gets in the way of me picking up heavier books. I should just make sure, I always have something to read.
The stats roundup.
- Pages consumed: ~5600
- Books read: 18
- Longest book: ~600 pages (Thinking, fast and slow.)
- Shortest book: ~110 pages (Sum: Forty tales of afterlives)
- Average book length: ~310 pages
Year end list (in no particular order)
I am going to read fiction, and non-fiction. But considering I mostly read non-fiction, the list will be biased towards it. I am adding an arbitrary number of books, that have stuck with me.
- Deep Work
- Atomic Habits
- The Psychology of Money
- The Almanack of Naval Ravikant
- The Millionaire Fastlane
- Why we sleep?
- Sum: Forty tales of afterlives
- Thinking, fast and slow.
Books I particularly disliked, and will actively hate on.
- A Brief History of Time
- 50 shades of Grey.